Thursday, November 4, 2010

Take a number and your favorite comic will be released when your called

Ok, so I know the title is kinda lame, but I couldn't think of anything funnier. I was recently looking through the solicits of DC and Marvel as I do, and I noticed a real problem with DC ones compared to Marvel. DC can not stay on schedule to save their lives.

Marvel isn't without blame. Need I bring up "Captain America: Reborn"? I think not. But why isn't anyone going batty (hehe, I went there) when it comes to the scheduling sin that DC is doing with "Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne." Due to the massive delays of "Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne" and "Batman & Robin," the story of how Bruce is getting back has been completely messed up. I know many people who will wait to read #16 before the final issue of the miniseries gets released, but DC should still fix this. Thankfully with Captain America, Steve Rogers only appeared in one or two comics. The whole Bruce thing has had him appear in two issues of "Batman & Robin" and had a slew of one-shots dedicated to him. Crappy one-shots at that

Speaking of delays, "Batman: The Dark Knight" is already being delayed. It's suppose to be a montly comic, so why the delay? Wasn't David Finch given a head start? I don't mind if it's going to be a bimonthly, but at least give the readership something to go on. "S.H.I.E.L.D." has never lied to be a monthly, and neither has "Ultimate X," two great ongoings at Marvel. I don't mind if books are going to be bimonthly, just let the buyers know so we can expect how to be spending our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment