Monday, November 22, 2010

Keeping up with digital comics

So I am the person who has whole heartily embraced digital comics. I buy them quite often on the Marvel and ComiXology app and occasionally on the DC app. It's been good to discover and catch up on comics like "The Walking Dead" and "Captain Britain and MI13."

But unlike Marvel and ComiXology, DC can't seem to keep their store updated. While they do release new comics every Wednesday, their free section is atrocious. Marvel releases a lot of free comics and it's a great way to give series a chance if you are on the border. DC just gives 10 page previews and one page recaps for characters. The app also crashes 9 times out of 10 when opening it on my iPhone 3G. I have yet to talk to a person who has the app on their iPhone 4 to test out how good the app works. I know ComiXology crashes just as often, but at least they have a lot of good stuff. It may be that I have a slightly older phone, but come on. It gets to the point sometimes where I just want to delete the app. I have also not used the apps on the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment