Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Walking Dead "Better Angels" Recap/Review

"Better Angels" sticker from GetGlue (From AMC)
* SPOILER WARNING *

Ah, the burial of Piggy (yep, I'm not done with that reference yet).  Do the survivors now get rescued by their parents and scolded for being stupid occasionally?

I might not like Andrea, but awesome kill with the pitchfork.

Rick immediately puts T-Dog on perimeter watch.  It's like the writers like finding fun ways for him to not be in scenes.  "Do you want me to babysit Shane?" says Andrea. Yes, because he is an infant who can't take care of himself.  How hard was that to understand.  And yes we will leave money for pizza.

DEAR LORD stop shoving the "Carl killing Shane soon" angle down our throats.  It's getting to an almost comical point.



Why isn't T-Dog on perimeter duty?  He's the amazing multiple man (Madrox to comic fans)!  He can be in multiple spots at once....just as long as none of them are on camera.

"Confused" is an over simplification Lori.  Unless "confused" means "banged like two drunk teenager with the house for the weekend," then yeah, you are "confused."

And time.  It's official, the Glen hating Maggie thing is going on way to long.  That's some rather sentimental music playing for the repairing of the Winnebago.  Oh, it's a metaphor for Dale....well.....this is awkward.

Carl is going to be one fucked up kid. If this was the origin of a super villain, we are seeing that moment where he turns to the dark side coming fast.

Randall needs to get that ketchup off his wrists.  Shane is going to the traditional mating dance of "I'm insane so I hit my own head to show this."  I'm partial to Numfar's dance of joy.  T-Dog now has lines!  What a joyous occasion for him.  But he squanders it with a "Oh hell no" so it's a wash.

I swear next week, I'm starting the "Shane rubs his head" (SRHH for short) counter.  At this point, we are at 1.  I will start this up again for season 3.  "I run my mouth when I'm nervous."  This kid doesn't want to live does he.........I spoke to soon.  That was so kind of Shane to hug that tree (I think it was a hug. Can never really know with people like him).

T-Dog is immediately shoved back in the house when Randall escapes.  Should I say the.....DOG HOUSE?! HAHAHA.....*hit's self in face*

Shane can't bullshit Darryl, he was a Boondock Saint.  Then Darryl was whatever he was in that sequel.  He's turned into that person who sees everything when no one else does.  He's Spike from Buffy, just not British and weirdly skinny.

Hooray!  Now everyone who has died can make a cameo appearance!  And Glenn finally had his zombie killing cherry popped (Can't remember him killing one with his bare hands).

The last 10 minutes of each episode is turning into the last quarter of a  football game.  You can see all the important stuff happen then.

OH SHIT. That honestly surprised the hell of out me.  Perfectly acted as well.  I was partially hoping they were going to recreate the scene in the comics, as that is iconic and what I think is the perfect way to do it.  But hey, they took a chance and it really worked here.  Guess my SRHH counter is done.

This was a very entertaining episode.  The writers slowly built up tension well, making you not wish a week separated you between this and the next episode.  The way the script shows how similar Rick and Shane are has always been done rather well.  A couple of small things is what separates them.  The music was strong this episode as well.  There were a few scenes that felt like they were just killing time before the ending though.  Everything blended well, and Carl's finale felt real.  Watching this episode, I can feel a lot of people are going to think they did stupid things, as that seems to be the general complaint in every episode.  I didn't think so, but that's me.  Joe Bernthal, Shane, could have toned down the craziness a little bit, as in a few scenes it seemed over the top.  A lot of people are going to complain that Shane shouldn't have died, but this is Rick's story, and Shane was stealing from that.  Love that he was around longer than he ever should have been, but it was his time to go.

 Better Angels gets 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment