Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Highlights from last weeks comics and this weeks comics (5/26/10)

Avengers #1: When I heard there was going to be a new volume of "Avengers," I got pumped. This ongoing was to me like a big blockbuster movie coming out. After I read #1 a few times and got over my excitement about it just coming out, I found it to be an incredible read. Bendis perfectly blends the smaller moments with the big moments while keeping everyones personalities intact. Naturally, sense "Avengers" is going to be the biggest ongoing for Marvel, it's not surprising that John Romita JR. is was the artist. I personally thing that he is one of the best pencilers to have graced a comic book page, he turned out some of his best work. I'm pumped for the second issue.

Brightest Day #2: I'm still getting myself acquainted with the DC Universe, but I'm loving "Brightest Day." I'm still a little worried about how the series will be divvying up each issue to the characters. I found this to be an issue with this week, as Aquaman is barely around. As with Deadman (although he looks to be getting a big increase in time with #3).

For this coming week (5/26/10), I'm really only excited about "Secret Avengers" #1. Ed Brubaker is a great writer for espionage type stories. And Mike Deodato is just a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment