Monday, October 17, 2011

Reviews for Ghost Rider #4, Morning Glories #13, and more!

Well, another hectic weekend has kept me from writing long reviews.  After going to Walt Disney World a few weeks ago and being really sick, I plan on writing full reviews next week.

Alpha Flight #5:  I did not like the alien angle at all, but Pak and Van Lente are making it work a lot better this time around.  They add a lot of depth, and give the team some great character moments.  Dale Eaglesham has a few art hiccups though.  Most in the faces of Guardian too.

Alpha Flight #5 gets 3.5/5.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #2:  Now that Joss isn't writing the book full time, this issue proves if the book can stand.  And it does.  The dialogue is witty, and if I hadn't looked at the cover, I would have sworn that Joss Whedon wrote the book.  George Jeanty's art is the usual bunch.  Sometimes it's hard to tell which characters are which.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #2 gets 4/5.

Ghost Rider #4:  The ending of this issue leaves me very excited, seeing the two Ghost Riders working together.  I think Adam could have been a villain to come back, but whatever.   Matthew Clark's art is blasting on all cylinders.

Ghost Rider #4 gets 4.5/5.

Green Lantern #2:  Geoff Johns has put this book into a very interesting situation, but let's hope that he uses that situation to the best.  Hal Jordan should have stayed a human longer though.  There was so much potential to explore who Hal Jordan is outside of being a Green Lantern.  Doug Mahnke's art seems a little rushed this issue.

Green Lantern #2 gets 4/5.

Morning Glories #13:  #13 might be the best issue of the series.  Lots of strange things are brought up, and they make me wish it was next month already.  I would like a few answers, but with issues this great, I could really care less if I get them.

Morning Glories #13 gets 5/5.

The Punisher #4 gets 4/5
S.H.I.E.L.D. #3 gets 3.5/5
X-Men: Regenesis #1 gets 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment